3D Native CAD Import Plugins
Primecut can now import solid models from native CAD files, however an extra cost plugin is required for each format required.
The following formats and CAD programs can be supported, and each is licensed separately:
- Unigraphics NX 3D (.prt)
- SOLIDWORKS 3D (.sldprt)
- ACIS (.sat)
- CATIA V4 3D (.model)
- CATIA V5 3D (.CATpart)
- CATIA V6 3D (.3dxm)
- Autocad Inventor (.ipt)
- JT (.JT)
- Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- ProE / Creo Parametric 3D (.prt)
- Solid Edge 3D (.par)
3D STEP Files can be loaded without need for an additional plugin, ie at no extra cost.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
- The parts must be rendered flat, ie already developed / flattened / unrolled / unfolded. (at this time)
- The parts should be single entities (at this time), not assemblies of multiple parts.
- Only “profilable” parts are recognized, ie parts with a constant thickness, with no side holes or features on the sides beyond bevels.
- Knife, V, and Y/K bevels can be recognized.
- Drilled holes, including blind holes are recognized.
- Counterboring is recognized.
- Countersinking is recognized but depth may need to be manually adjusted deeper.
- Tapping is NOT recognized.
- Transition bevels cannot be read (at this time)
- Any embedded Material/Grade metadata is not recognized. (at this time)
OBTAINING OR EVALUATING A NATIVE 3D PLUGIN
Please contact Chris in Kinetic’s software team directly to discuss pricing and applicability to your application.
Note carefully the restrictions above, not all 3D files can be successfully processed.
It is suggested as a first test, that you may want to export your 3D parts using your CAD program as STEP files and see how Primecut handles them.